The Good Shepherd Preschool
The Good Shepherd Preschool provides a foundation for quality Catholic education through prayer, song and play for our youngest students. We are committed to encouraging spiritual, physical, academic and emotional development of each individual child through discovery-based hands on learning.
As a regional Catholic school, The Good Shepherd program provides the opportunity to bring children and families together as they learn and celebrate our faith. Enrichment programs enhance children's experience at school by allowing them to explore learning with cooking, art and music.
We are extremely fortunate to have the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd each week as the foundation of our faith education. It is special to see the children explore and learn about their faith and be able to connect these experiences to what they see at church.
- Spiritual: Teach the essentials of our faith utilizing a hands-on approach to religious formation within the classroom and through The Catechesis of The Good Shepherd.
- Emotional: Aid each child in the development of a strong sense of self respect and emotional well-being towards oneself and others.
- Cognitive: Encourage hands-on approach to problem solving, and reasoning by providing learning opportunities in religion, reading, mathematics, science, fine arts, and foreign language.
- Social: Assist in the development of independence, responsibility, and social awareness.
- Physical: Address health and safety needs of all the children through participation in age appropriate play activities fostering the development of fine and gross motor skills.
Infant and Toddler play
Our teacher led Infant/Toddler Program is offered Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (8:45 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.).
Playgroup is for children 9 months to 3 years of age and their caregiver. Each week offers a new theme with exciting activities that include, play, story time, crafts and singing.
This is a great way to meet other families with young children and allow the children to play together while encouraging development skills. Parents have the option to choose either Tuesday or Wednesday class from 8:45am – 10:15am. Please contact Sherri Hertzler at 618-726-6532 if you are interested.
Preschool for 3 and 4 years olds
- Our half day program (8:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.)
- Full Day Program (8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Both are offered M-F, M-W-F or T-Th.
Our Pre-K program is for those students entering Kindergarten next year.
- Half Day Program (8:30 am-11:30 am)
- Full Day Program (8:30 am - 1:30 pm)
Both are offered M-F, M-W-F, or T-Th.
Extended Care Program
Extended Care Program (ECP) is offered for an additional fee of $5.00 per hour 1:30-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
ECP consists of gross motor activities, a rest period, snack time and other activities.
Buddy Program with Saint Clare School
Since we are a Regional School, we provide the opportunity for our children to be mentored by the 6th grade class from St. Clare Catholic School. Children will meet with them once a quarter and participate in many hands on activities together. The students will visit our facility during these times.The children and students also exchange many different types of greeting cards during the school year.